Thursday, August 11, 2011

Personal Regrets

    I used to be able to say that I didn't regret anything that I'd gone through in my life. I knew that even though I've made mistakes they had helped me become the person that I am now. I'm happy, for the most part, with who I am. I've got a good job, a sweet education, a fiance I can't imagine my life without, the initiative to get a second job, an amazing family and an exciting future. Needless to say I've still got all of those things but I now have regrets.
   I regret wasting time on a person that didn't deserve it. I regret letting a parasite in to my life and allowing it access to my family and loved ones. I regret letting it stay for so long that it had the potential to rip apart everything I'd worked for until it was gone. I regret wasting my good will and love on a person that barely deserved to breathe. I regret letting one pitiful excuse of a human being push my faith in humanity over the edge, making me less likely to trust or help people in the future. I regret being a bad judge of character before it was too late.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I do hope that this person gets what they deserve, but on some level I just wish that they could recognize their faults and be a better person. Not to me, because I'm not interested, but to the rest of the world. People deserve better than that.

1 comment: