Monday, July 11, 2011

Is this what growing up is supposed to be?

    In our new life Chris and I have a lot of challenges to face. I'm still in the job market, trying to find something that fits, or more realistically just find something. At this point I've accepted that the closest thing to my field I'll get will be as a TSS, a job I'm incredibly overqualified for. Unfortunately that job won't start until the school year starts so I'm pretty useless as far as financials go. Chris is working so hard for us both with 2 jobs (hopefully soon to be 3 with the recent Apple interview!) and it causes a lot of stress. The poor thing is putting himself through hoops far and wide, causing exhaustion and fatigue almost all the time. It makes me feel useless and like the things I can contribute just aren't good enough. Living paycheck to paycheck is not what I was hoping for, even if it will only be for a few more weeks.
   I keep hope that once Chris starts medical school and we start getting his fellowship salary, which should be around the same time I start working again, we'll be more comfortable. I know I won't be super happy with the jobs that I'll have access to for a while, until I get decent experience in my field. It's horribly inconvenient that you can get an MA by 23, but nobody wants you til you've got years of experience, which most of us didn't have time to get while we were finishing these degrees. It's frustrating beyond belief.
   Things that make us frustrated and unhappy will make us stronger in the end, therefore making it easier to be happy later, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment