Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Then we looked at our bank accounts.

    I absolutely hate it when people complain about how much money they don't have. I get it, you're broke, do something about it or shut up. Actually, shut up either way. Don't complain, just make a change that will benefit you or work harder at what you're doing. Take a job that you're better than and work your ass off for minimum wage. Move into a smaller place. I don't care how you deal with it but just fucking deal. Everyone else does.
    That being said, I'm really bummed out about the financial situation. I know, I know, but I figure I've listened to so many other people bitch that I feel like it'll be ok if I do it once. So stop reading if it bugs you out.
    Chris and I are trying to plan a wedding. Weddings cost money. Money is something that we don't have right now. Near empty bank accounts countered with a lack of paychecks is something that is making us incredibly uncomfortable. Add on debts to other individuals and financial institutions and it's almost unbearable. Now I know that things are going to change. If we stick it out through August my hours at work are going to jump at the same time Chris's fellowship checks start coming in, as well as his (hopeful) job with Apple, and him continuing with Blizzard. He has been doing a great job taking care of us, keeping a roof over our heads, and making sure we're ok... but ok isn't comfortable, and ok won't fund a wedding.
    We're an us now, so the financial situations are combined. Maybe not legally just yet but I'm one of those old school people who believes that engagement is practice for marriage. This means that no matter what or who got us into this financial situation, whether it was my car needing work or Chris's job, our choice of apartments that are a little expensive, me not having an income for a while or job hours being cut back, it doesn't matter. What matters is where we are and how we're going to have to work really hard to get back to comfortable. 3 months, tops, and we'll be in a situation to not only be comfortable but also to be able to save money, even be a little more luxurious too.
  
    Now if only I could get some things done around the house when I'm out of it.... How will we make that happen???

No comments:

Post a Comment